Motor Vehicle AccidentsPersonal Injury Attorneys New York
There are countless ways in which negligence can occur in a motor vehicle accident. But when personal injury is involved, the result is always the same - pain and suffering.
We have experience in handling the full range of personal injury cases resulting from motor vehicle accidents.
Below are some of the motor vehicle accidents we specalize in:
The impact a motor vehicle accident can have on a person’s life can be huge. Goidel & Siegel are expert motor vehicle accident lawyers. We understand the legal and insurance issues surrounding motor vehicle accidents. Our extensive knowledge and experience handling motor vehicle lawsuits is why we are experts in the field.
Our New York accident attorneys don’t just handle car crashes. Motor vehicle accident victims include pedestrians on the street, passengers on airplanes, boats, busses, cruise ship patrons, and more. We can handle your case involving any type of motor vehicle accident.
Some of our case settlements have included:
- $2,000,000 Settlement: A van owned by the City of New York struck an 8 year old boy on a path inside Red Hook Park, Brooklyn. The boy suffered a fracture of the distal portion of one leg's femur.
- $1,500,000 Settlement: A van owned by a department store chain struck a student who was driving his car in Queens. The student suffered a fractured hip and internal injuries.
- $700,000 Settlement: A speeding car struck a 72 year old physician and broke his knee while he illegally crossed a street in the middle of the block on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The accident occurred at night, during a rainstorm. The vehicle was owned by an automobile rental company and was driven by an employee.
- $500,000 Settlement: An elementary school student ran out of his schoolyard through an unattended gate and into the street just before line-up one morning. He was struck by a hit-and-run vehicle and suffered a broken leg and internal injuries. The defendant, the New York Board of Education, settled the case after jury selection.
- $450,000 Settlement: A 92 year old woman sustained a fractured hip after being thrown to the ground by a closing bus door. The matter was tried to verdict before a Manhattan jury. The case settled after the defendant filed a notice of appeal.
- $400,000 Settlement: An unemployed man in his 40's suffered a herniated disc when his car was rear-ended by another vehicle in a low-speed crash.
Because we have over 2 decades of experience as personal injury lawyers and a long track record of very high dollar settlements, we are the best New York law firm to handle your motor vehicle accident case.
- Common Causes Of Subway Accidents
Millions of people every day depend on subways and mass transportation in our cities as an economical and effective form of transportation. These people are depending on the transit authority to get them to where they are going safely. Unfortunately this doesn’t always happen. Subway accidents and derailments cause serious injuries and sometimes even death.
- New York Car Accident Lawyers: Drunk Driving Is Not Uncommon
Drunk driving is a serious and common issue that everyone should understand and be aware of. Studies have shown that auto accidents are the leading cause of death for people under the age of 35 and about 40 percent of all fatal auto accidents are alcohol related. When involved in a drunk driving accident and pursuing a civil lawsuit it is very important to understand that there will be many aspects of the case that are unique to alcohol related accidents.
- New York Bicycle Accidents: What You Should Know
Bicycle accidents occur more often than you may think. Each year in the United States approximately one million children are injured because of a bicycle related accident and every six hours, a fatal bicycle accident occurs. Although not all bicycle accidents involve a motor vehicle, a majority of the accidents do. Often drivers make a turn or pull out of driveway and hit a bicyclist because they simply don’t look for them.
- Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer: What To Look For
Personal injuries are serious issues that include permanent disability and sometimes even death. Victims need to pursue a lawsuit to obtain financial damages to pay for their medical bills, lost income, and to compensate for pain and suffering.
- School Bus Accidents: Rare, But Still An Issue
The accident rate for school busses is thankfully, very low. Considering the sheer volume of school busses that transport children to and from school daily, school busses are relatively very safe. This is probably due in part to their large size and design, and the lower speeds in which they tend to travel. However, motor vehicle accidents do still occur on school busses, and when they do, the consequences can be overwhelming for everyone involved.
Our address is:
56 West 45th Street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10036